Sage For Sanctuary - Janna Mysteries Book 5
The Janna Mysteries are now out of print.
A new version of this highly acclaimed and award-winning medieval murder mystery series has been rewritten with an adult fiction market in mind, and The Janna Chronicles will be published and released by Momentum Books Australia, one every month, as from mid-January 2015. For more information, please go to separate pages for each title:
Please note that the series will still be suitable for a YA readership.
Sage For Sanctuary Information
'Sage For Sanctuary' and 'Thyme for Trust', Books 5 & 6 of The Janna Mysteries that complete Janna's quest for justice (and love!) are now available for purchase as paperbacks and as e-books through amazon.com. There's also a Video advertising the series.WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT? Download the first chapter of 'Sage For Sanctuary!'
1141 - England is divided by the bitter civil war between King Stephen and the Empress Matilda, and Winchestre is under siege and on fire. Janna's quest to find her father in order to avenge the death of her mother has taken her from forest to farm, abbey and finally to the heart of the royal court at Winchestre. Along the way she has solved many crimes and mysteries, including the mystery of her own birth and her mother's death - secrets that put both her life and her heart in danger. When Lord Hugh comes to Winchestre to finalise his betrothal to a wealthy young woman, bringing with him his trusted steward Godric, Janna knows that it's time to choose between the two men who love her - but her purse has been stolen, she's lost all proof of her real identity and she's working as a lowly drudge in a tavern to support herself. Janna is blamed for trying to destroy Sybil Taverner's business, and needs to find out the truth. Instead, she finds herself fighting for her life against those who would silence her forever.
The Janna Mysteries are listed on the Victorian Premier's Reading Challenge.
Sage for Sanctuary: "... this is another beautiful, intriguing story, and adds so much more to Janna's character, her choices and her life... I loved this book as much as I loved the previous four, and can't wait for the final instalment!" Seven Sacred Sites.
See more Customer Reviews of 'Sage for Sanctuary' on amazon.com.
Teachers: Discover how you can match my novels to the English and/or History curriculum. You'll find a comprehensive description of themes, topics for discussion, class activities and associated articles of interest for all my books on the For Teachers page.
Download and read the Random House reading guides
Other books in the series:
- Rosemary For Remembrance - Janna lives at the edge of a forest in medieval England. Her whole world turns upside down following the death of her mother.
- Rue For Repentance - Driven from her home and disguised as a youth, Janna seeks refuge at a manor farm only to find her heart and her safety under threat following a series of 'accidents'.
- Lilies For Love - Lilies for Love. On the run and in fear of her life, Janna seeks refuge at Wiltune Abbey. But love, danger and mysteries follow close behind. What secret does her father's letter hold, if only she can learn how to read it? Can the mysterious stranger asking questions about Janna be linked to the stabbing of the lord Hugh at St Edith's fair? Who is destroying a precious manuscript, and what is the significance of the lilies left at the saint's shrine? A chance meeting with the Empress Matilda helps to secure Janna's loyalty to her cause – with grave consequences for Janna's future.
- Willows For Weeping - 'Death follows you.' An old woman's prediction haunts Janna as she travels to Ambresberie with a group of pilgrims, hoping to discover the truth about her mother. But a letter discovered on the body of a dead man takes Janna to murder at Stonehenge and a crime to solve. At stake are Janna's happiness and the success of her quest to find her unknown father, a quest that seems close to fulfilment after a charismatic pilgrim joins their party and offers his help. A man's life hangs in the balance as Janna is forced to choose between loyalty to the Empress Matilda and what she most desires.
- Thyme For Trust - Janna's happiness at finding her father soon turns to dismay as she comes to realise the threat she poses to his family. Fearing for her life, Janna accompanies him to Oxeneford where the empress is under siege from King Stephen, but her desire to act and to follow her heart puts Janna at odds with her father who is anxious to negotiate her marriage with the king's favourite. When the man she truly loves is accused of murder, Janna has one more mystery to solve, until the siege of Wiltune turns her life upside down and changes everything.