I have many years’ experience talking to students and adults about researching and writing my novels, and also conducting creative writing workshops in a wide variety of genres. For bookings, please contact the Booking Agencies below. For questions, please contact me via my website.
Paul Macdonald at The Children’s Bookshop. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIE Productions: Performance in Education. Contact: email@example.com
Booked Out Agency. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Net Speakers Agency (NB no agency fees charged)
Workshop topics include:
- Writing short stories – exploring the building blocks of writing a story, including creating believable characters and a compelling plot
- Writing fantasy – creating an ‘otherworld’ with strong, believable characters, fantastic creatures and magical objects in order to solve a quest, using illustrations and magical objects to stimulate the imagination.
- Writing crime – whodunnit, and why? Crime is about careful plotting, believable characters and the seeding of clues to keep readers guessing until the end while setting the scene and answering all the questions.
- Writing history – weaving imaginary characters and events into real history to create a compelling story, using photographs, historical accounts etc to set the scene.
- Writing from life – everyone has an interesting story to tell. How to craft fiction from real events and real emotions, using photos, diaries, historical accounts etc to recreate the past..
These hands-on workshops include the use of ‘magical’ (and other) objects, photographs and artefacts designed to stimulate the imagination and get those creative juices flowing!